Use the search box below to research your ancestors by surname, street name, pub name etc. etc.
Do you have detail to add, please contact me : Kevan

Carnarvon Castle, 7 Chalk Farm Road NW1

St Pancras index

Aka Pickford Arms in 1869; This pub (which was the Camden Rock Café then a clothes shop) was gutted in the Great Fire of Camden, 9th February 2008 and was subsequently demolished. *** The spelling changed from Carnarvon to Caernarvon in the mid 1980s, the pub later became the Fusilier & Firkin, the Camden Rock Café and lastly G-Heaven a clothes shop. This was one of four pubs built in Camden to keep rival nationalities of railway builders (Navvies) apart after work in the 19th century. The others were the Edinboro Castle; The Windsor Castle and The Dublin Castle. **

Caernarvon Castle, Chalk Farm road taken on December 25th 1989

Caernarvon Castle, Chalk Farm road taken on December 25th 1989

Kindly provided By Vincent O'Loughlin

Historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels.

Residents at this address.

1869/William Cloake/../../../Post Office Directory

1871/Thomas Venimore/Licensed Victualler (Widower)/49/Kidderminster, Worcestershire/Census *
1871/John H. Clement/Barman/37/Llanllwed, Breconshire/Census
1871/Annie A. Nicholl/Manageress/22/Lambeth, Surrey/Census

1881/Walter B Taylor/Licensed Victualler/27/Lambeth, Surrey/Census
1881/Elizabeth Taylor/Wife/30/Gravesend, Kent/Census
1881/Elizabeth Taylor/Daughter/2/Camden Town, Middlesex/Census
1881/Francis H Taylor/Son/1/Camden Town, Middlesex/Census
1881/Catrina S Taylor/Mother, Widow/62/Mile End, Middlesex/Census
1881/Agnes H Miller/Barmaid/26/Edmonton, Middlesex/Census
1881/Charlotte Winter/General Servant/17/Bow, Middlesex/Census

1882/W B Taylor/../../../Post Office Directory

1884/Walter B Taylor/../../../Post Office Directory

1895/Frederick Edward Bishop/../../../Post Office Directory *

1899/Roland Frank Fiford/../../../Post Office Directory

Islington Daily Gazette, July 1903 - Transfer of Licences:
Carnarvon Castle, Chalk Farm road, from Robert Thomas W Tucker to Charles Sturman Ficker

1906/Alexander Butcher/../../../Post Office Directory *

1910/Arthur Fuller/../../../Post Office Directory

1915/Joseph Davies/../../../Post Office Directory

1921/Joseph Davies/../../../Post Office Directory

1927/James Charles William Moudy/../../../Post Office Directory *

1934/William Thomas Lingham/../../../Post Office Directory *

1938/Jack L Purser/../../../Post Office Directory

1940/Aubrey E. Williams/../../../Post Office Directory *

1942/Herbert William Driscoll/../../../Post Office Directory *

1966/John P Mulvihill, Carnarvon Castle, 7-8 Chalk Farm road NW1/../../Licensed Victuallers Association

* Provided By Ewan

** Provided By Vincent O'Loughlin

*** Provided By Tris

And Last updated on: Thursday, 28-Jan-2021 12:24:17 GMT