St Luke pub history index
The 1882 directory lists this as a coffee house, at the junction with Georges Row. This is listed as the Rainbow Coffee House Tavern in the 1881 census return, so this is presumably the name it had as a pub. The address is 19 West Place in 1856 and earlier, prior to street renaming. *
Residents at this address.
1842/John H. Coppard/beer retailer/../../Robson's Directory *
1851/John Henry Coppard/Beer Shop Keeper/42/City of London/Census
1851/Martha Amelia Coppard/Wife/44/Ludlow, Shropshire/Census
1851/Elizabeth Augusta Coppard/Granddaughter/1/Hackney, Middlesex/Census
1856/Andrew Miller/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
In October 1867, George Laxton is listed as a Beer Retailer when he marries Jane Charlotte Dunkley at Shoreditch. He is the son of John Laxton, linen draper and she the daughter of William James Dunkley, watch finisher.
1869/George Laxton/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1871/Jane C Laxton/Beer House Keeper, Widow/31/St Lukes, Middlesex/Census
1871/George H Laxton/Son/2/St Lukes, Middlesex/Census
1871/Jane C Laxton/Daughter/5 months/St Lukes, Middlesex/Census
1871/Jane Dunkley/Mother/54/Bures, Norfolk/Census
Provided By Kevan